The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making alliance of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle under-nutrition in Nigeria. The alliance was birthed in November 2013 at Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria and formally inaugurated on the 7th of August, 2014.
CS-SUNN is the Scaling Up Nutrition Civil Society Alliance (SUN CSA) for Nigeria; at the global level. The Scaling Up Nutrition Movement (SUN) was founded on the principle that all people have a right to food and good nutrition. The Nigerian CSA geographical mandate is in all the 36 states of Nigeria, including the FCT. With a strong presence in Nigeria, CS-SUNN has become a key advocate for nutrition and has gained the knack to influence policymakers in Nigeria. With over 200 registered member organizations/partners (even at the grassroots level) spread across the six Geo-political zones, we bring on ideas translated into realities for nutrition interventions. We believe that a well-nourished population is the basis of human progress and societal growth and development. CS-SUNN was created with the purpose to work and mobilize others to achieve a Nigeria where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. Today, CS-SUNN is still working in partnership with many stakeholders, including policymakers, professional bodies, media and others, to achieve national and international goals instrumental in attaining Nutritional standards and rights.
About PINNS 2.0 Project
The Partnership for Improving Nigeria Nutrition Systems (PINNS 2.0) is a project designed to strengthen the Nigerian nutrition systems to be more Result-driven, Effective, Serviceable, Efficient and Transparent (RESET). This is to facilitate the delivery of Nutrition interventions and hold the government accountable for commitments made to allocate, release and use funds for the implementation of high impact Nutrition interventions in Nigeria transparently through evidence-based advocacy.
Malnutrition in Nigeria is caused by lack of food, improper feeding and caring practices, economic and political structures, low status and lack of education among women etc. Therefore, a multi-sectoral approach is required to reduce and eventually eradicate the scourge. The UNICEF conceptual framework (UNICEF 2013) brings the need for multi-actors, disciplines, sectors and systems in this effort as evidence increasingly suggests that solving malnutrition can benefit from a systems approach (WHO 2009; Hammond & Dube’ 2012).
CS-SUNN currently has a web presence that is outdated in appearance, structure, functionality and in the presentation of content. Outside of edits to text, images, and links – the existing site functionally has had only minor adjustments for approximately six years.
Multiple web developers have classified our site as text and link heavy; lacking strategy and consistency on most of our pages. An opportunity exists to re-engineer the site to better reflect the mission of CS-SUNN and incorporate the latest web technologies. Upon completion of the development of the site, CS-SUNN will assume full responsibility for web site content maintenance and administration. All content, coding and graphics will become the sole property of CS-SUNN.
Assignment for Web Designer/Developer
Redesign a flexible, informative, up-to-date website that is easy to maintain and is viewable by desktop and mobile devices. The web developer will ahead of the redesign conduct a website audit of CS-SUNN’s website. In addition to re-designing a user-friendly site with an intuitive interface, you must also incorporate a web-based, database-driven content management system, that allows key personnel to easily update content without directly accessing source code. In addition, we are seeking a design partner that provides tools for search engine optimization and social sharing.
CS-SUNN Domain: cs-sunn.org
Format: NGO Format
- SEO compatibility
- Accessibility: Present comprehensive information and resources in an easy to use and downloadable format
- Social media integration
- Incorporate Content Management System to allow for easy updating
- Increase site promotion activities (Traffic)
- Deliver a consistent message
- Interactive and User friendly
- Make the website donor friendly
- Logical navigation and metadata
- Responsive homepage
- Change to acceptable fonts, colors, and other design elements
- Make the website volunteer friendly
The website designed by the successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Backup all contents on the existing website and use same to build up the newly redesigned website to meet CS-SUNN’s needs and standard websites for non-profits.
- Create an easy content management system that will permit non-technical staff to instantly update website content to specific pages.
- Easy Updating – Once the site has been completed and accepted by CS-SUNN, the site will be maintained by CS-SUNN staff.
- Be visually appealing – The new site must have an attractive mix of text and graphics (UI/UX Design).
- Common Theme – The website should promote brand consistency in font, color, etc.
- Photographs, fonts and layouts should be consistent throughout the site.
- Easy to Navigate – The site should be easy to navigate. Information should be grouped and presented in a logical manner. Search Button should also be incorporated for User’s easy navigation.
- Provide necessary software and licenses to maintain the site internally or externally as decided by CS-SUNN.
- Provide search capabilities using key words or phrasing that will identify content from throughout the site.
- Capability to gather email, areas of interest and demographic information from visitors in a format that permits CS-SUNN to maintain a single database of users and email each according to their area of interest and profile.
- Provide a one-off or series of trainings as agreed between CS-SUNN and the Vendor within 2 weeks to 1 month of successfully redesigning the website and provide all necessary and technical support to permit easy use by selected CS-SUNN staff for a period of 6 months after deployment.
- A more prominent call to action for calendar events and special promotions.
- Social networking links to be present on Homepage and all sharable contents on the website
- Cross browser accessibility (IE, Firefox, Chrome and all current browsers).
- Support transactions such as online payment integration, forms and applications, etc.
- Implement a two way system allowing customers to communicate and request information.
- Integrate capabilities for hosting and streaming videos.
CS-SUNN encourages creativity in the proposals submitted; however there are certain requirements for the website project. Your proposal must account for the listed requirements and all other sections of this request.
- Fast Loading Pages – The website must be designed with a balance of text and graphics.
- Site must display well on mobile devices.
- Multiple level security, completely contained within the website infrastructure, and not reliant on the existing CS-SUNN network security or peer-to-peer connectivity.
- Easy content management for designated staff to add, remove and update content using tools and templates that do not require extensive knowledge of web development languages or technical structure.
- Capability of the general website administration staff to:
- Control size of individual web pages
- Control size and types of images used within the site
- Control publishing of links to other websites.
- Report website maintenance activity and statistics on content type: updates, downloadable documents, web pages, calendars, and broken links.
- Report number of visits to each page of the site.
- Email interfaces, not dependent on a specific email client.
- Social bookmarking popup generates after time spent on the site.
- The site and hosting must be designed for continuous operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with maintenance windows clearly communicated ahead of time.
- Provide a staging site for development, training and signoff before “go live”
- Technical Support must be inclusive in the contract for maintenance and support that is not setup for the CS-SUNN staff to provide.
- Adequate training to maximize the use of the website is mandatory. Training shall include administrator and security level as well as a user level. Training should be provided at a minimum in an interactive Webinar format. On-site training would be ideal for administrators.
- All linked documents should be in Portable Document Format (PDF), or in a format to provide ease of viewing, printing, and downloading, and in alternate downloadable formats.
- Include links for visitors to download any browser documents, such as Acrobat Reader, that is necessary to view information on the site.
- Ability to use current interactive and social networking mediums such as Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds, as well as flexibility to add these types of features in the future.
- In the event that the website crashes or is hacked, the developer has a responsibility to troubleshoot and save the site within the period of guarantee or at an agreed amount
TRACKING (SUCH AS GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO MINIMIZE COSTS)
Implementation of tracking software to produce user defined site log reports. We need a tool to help us better understand and measure web visitors’ behavior and improve website performance and availability including:
- Web traffic analysis
- Path analysis
- Visitor trends
- Page views
- Entry pages
- Top pages
- Exit pages
- Page – length of stay
- Technical analysis: browsers and platforms
Bachelor’s degree in Web-development/Management related field with at least 3-5 years and above, of verifiable high technical experience in designing, developing and implementing enterprise-level web application, Knowledgeable in Web 2.0 and W3C functionalities and beyond as well as Experienced in SEO standards and proficient in UI design. Must also show evidence of professional and technical background and provide verifiable and functional LINKS to similar works done.
Timeframe for delivery: The web development firm is expected to commence and finish this task in June 2022.
Contractual Agreement, Logistics and Supervision
The web developers will be hired under CS-SUNN’s terms of the contract and supervised by the Executive Secretary in collaboration CS-SUNN Communications Officer and IT Assistant to deliver the above outputs. CS-SUNN shall provide the necessary support to the consultant to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy.
The consultant’s payment shall be based on the financial proposal developed for this consultancy per the agreed contract deliverables.
The expected start date of the Consultancy is June 2022. Payment shall be made in two (2) installments of:
|30%||– Upon submission of website audit report and blue print for redesign|
|70%||– Upon completion of redesign of CS-SUNN website and submission of all necessary login details|
Proposals for the above specifications should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, CS-SUNN with subject of mail as ‘WEBSITE REDESIGN’ and sent via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12:00 PM, Friday 20th June, 2022. Print-outs (Hard Copies) of proposals should also be addressed and sent to (not later than 12:00 PM, Friday 20th June, 2022.)
Please address correspondence to:
The Executive Secretary,
Civil Society Scaling-up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
Plot 203 Cadastral Zone B02, Off Oladipo Diya Way (Beside Coded Suites), Durumi District, Abuja.
Anti-Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
CS-SUNN has a zero-tolerance for sexual exploitation and sexual abuse in all ramifications.
This is considered gross misconduct. ‘Sexual abuse’ means the actual or threatened physical intrusion
Of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Successful consultants will be contacted for a formal meeting.